10 Aug 2017

And Then, Before The Times...

Further to all the recent revelations regarding being allowed to choose your gender at the drop of a skirt, I got pointed to this riveting read. Yep, it’s over a year old and just goes to show how something as outlandish as this can, in our so enlightened world, become almost mainstream. And, of course, how ahead of the times this child was.

You need a taster?

  Nano says she first realized she was a cat when she was 16 years old.  She says doctors found a "genetic defect" in her DNA, which she claims proves she is indeed a cat.
   “Sometime I hiss when meeting dogs in the street. It's because of their behaviour and my instinct automatically reacts by hissing,” she said. 
   She prefers walking on her hands and knees, and sleeps in sinks and on windowsills. She also claims to have ultra-sharp-hearing and cat-like night vision.
 

There is, of course, a video.  This is obviously a wind-up, right? Right? Whatever, I do hope her dad and mom, Tom and Jenny perchance? are really, really proud of her.  Wind-up or not, there seems to be little to no hope for us.

Never mind; the way Trumpton and that fat kid are doing that schoolyard, “Oh yeah?” thingy right now, it looks like the world could be heading for a major reboot then it’ll be down to the cockroaches to  sort things out and find a use for all that polystyrene.

Quote;  Terry Pratchett.

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”

3 comments:

Caratacus said...

... and her father, when interviewed, mentioned that his suspicions were first aroused when she would insist on curling up on his lap-top and falling asleep while he was trying to do his by-our-lady VAT return ... (stares accusingly at the Memsahib's feline companion who is currently asleep on her plumped up cushion on the second best armchair).

Ripper said...

WTF??

Keys, snow shoes.. all well within the range of human hearing. I wonder if she would hear my dog whistle? I wonder how she would react on meeting my American Pit Bull, who can't stand cats - I'd love to put that to the test, I don't think she could shuffle away on all fours quite fast enough. My dog would definitely be the last one she hissed at. She needs to grow up before she does herself some permanent damage.

Mac said...

Caratacus, Ripper,
“Yes, you can have the job in this here warehouse young lady. You’ll work nights. The wage aint great but you can keep all the mice you catch.”
Seems to me there’s attention seeking and there’s attention seeking. If I did something a tad heroic, a little attention could be appreciated. However, if I had something kind o’ weird going on in my head, I’d be inclined to keep it there; contained and private.
Whoa!! Gotta run; there’s a pigeon in the garden!!