10 Feb 2016

And The It Comes To Pass....

Remember a little bit after a while ago I posted a bit of foil hat foolery?

...what’s the chance, should we get a warmish summer, there’ll be an ‘official’ global warming skin cancer scare relating to soft skinned European ladies? Any chance the health ‘recommendation’ will be that they should stay indoors but if they do venture outside they should cover as much skin as possible in very cool, loosely flowing, head-to-toe, dark garments? 

Well, you may still be laughing regarding that farfetched hypotheses but thanks to The View from Cullingworth and Nanny Knows Best I can now link to the precursor to the fulfillment of the contents of my gibbering post for your perusal. Still Laughing?

See? That didn’t take long did it? Nudge, nudge. And the next nudge? To get your vitamin D, sunbathe, an arm at a time, in the privacy of your own garden where it’s easy to run inside should you feel an overdose coming on but you MUST cover-up if venturing away from the safety and shelter of your home, right? Trust me, it’s on the ‘drawing board’. Not so damn funny now is it?

Quote;  Noel Coward.

“Sunburn is very becoming, but only when it is even - one must be careful not to look like a mixed grill”

2 comments:

Ripper said...

What a load of crap. I wonder what these goons would make of working in my trade for a week or two. I get exposed to about 20 summer's worth of UV in a couple of hours and I've been in the trade for 40 years. It's only over the last 6 or 7 years that I've not arrived home from work with the skin peeling off my red face and eyes watering. I think they should have that experience, then see what their 'recommendations' are.

Mac said...

Ripper,
I agree wholeheartedly. However, look past the nutty health front to the darker side which points towards control and preparing us, once this rubbish has been ‘sold’ to the gullible and the timid, on ‘suitable warm weather dress sense'. Is it coming? You want to chance a bet it isn’t?