26 Apr 2013

And Then It’s Underway….

The Foggy Mirror modifications started last night and, although slow, are proceeding.  Strangely, I didn’t see anyone else while meandering my solitary way from post to editor to post.

Yesterday, shortly after bumping into Whistling Jack Smith, I almost got run over by a bus to Bangor.   

FOGGY WARNING;- 1979 sound so if you’re of an age, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT listen to this clip more than once.  Any further listening, however tempting it may be, and it'll invade your head and, I guarantee, result in you awakening with a start at three in the morning  singing along loudly, grinning stupidly and beating out the bass line with your head against your pillow.
Oh, man.  You did didn’t you.  See you at three then.

Where was I?  Got it.  As I blundered through The Foggy Mirror last night I was surprised, and a tad sad, to discover that many of the media I’d previously embedded, when clicked now, presented me with the depressing message, Does Not Exist. I’m assuming the media was deleted, for any of various reasons, shortly after I successfully negotiated the rocky embedding road.

I guess what’s now needed is for me to search out the offending posts and delete all references to the media and up-date the post.  Alternatively, as this will probably involve editing that HTML  looking stuff, I could just forget it.  It’s history, right?  If the occasional valued visitor vaults their way backwards, clicks on a little black square and nothing happens, surely they’ll just move on as there’s nothing to see there. As they say. And I’ve just said again.  

Why am I saying ‘say’?  I’m not even talking, so I’m not saying nothing am I?  Can you hear me?  Of course not. I’m typing. And by the time anyone reads this, it’s already typed, so I won’t even be typing.  Time for a lie down now.  I’m singing at three……

Quote;  George Burns.

"I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch."

             Louise Armstrong.

"All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."

No comments: