9 Mar 2007

And Then There Was A Touch Of The Supernatural.............

There are a few items I would like to post here; more so they don't get lost rather than any other reason. And I feel they are worth a read. This first one is mine and a true story. The others, as I post them, have been collected from other, forgotten places and I hope I'm not infringing anyone's copyright as I post them.
Alright, this is the first, from an e-mail I sent some time ago. It's mine and true, and the Blackbird is still with us;

We seem to have 'won' a Blackbird who has taken up residence in the garden. He seems to favour sitting in the apple tree and surveys the garden from there. One day last trip I phoned home and her over there told me that every time I phone the Blackbird sits on the kitchen window sill and peers in through the window.

This particular day I phoned her and she said there had been snow again over night and it was still snowing. I mentioned to her how my father used to throw bread out for the birds when the weather was especially cold. She said what a nice idea that was but she couldn't as there was no bread in the house. We blathered on a while longer and eventually the call ended and that was that 'till the next day when I called her again.

She told me that after we finished our call yesterday she got the kitchen rubbish together to take to the bin which is at the bottom of the garden. On opening the back door the Blackbird was in his apple tree, as usual, singing his heart out.

And there, right outside the back door, lying on top of the new snow, were several pieces of bread...............
Waddaya think of that then?

Quote, Woddy Allen;

"I don't believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."

No comments: